Monday, December 1, 2008

Mem Fox - She's a hero taking literacy back to Zero!!

what an outing, all the way to Coburg library but it was worth it....we actually got to hear our real life hero Mem Fox talking it up..talking up repetition, talking up rhymes, talking up loving those little cute babies and reading to them, rhyming with them and kissing them on the nose and toes!

Jenelle and I didn't even mind singing rhymes and lining up to get our books signed (twice) we did spend a bit of money on Green Sheeep and Ten Little fingers and Ten little toes and Jenelle with the golden fingers..well she got an original signed book because Mem made a mistake and had to turn it into a star...

apparently I was the first person who had knelt at her feet...but I do love those books of hers..Green Sheep and Possum Magic and Wombat Devine and Koala Lou, I do Love you..ahhhhhh!!










3 comments:

Gypsy Princess said...

jenelle was certainly excited about this. Hey I have a new blog, check it out...

http://cataloguethis.blogspot.com

Katie D said...

Wosemary, Wosemary, Wosemary....you are the photo queen. If you are not giving directions to people whilst standing behind the camera then you are in front of the camera getting flashed.

Majiik said...

hmmm flashed in front of cameras?? With Mem Fox!! you know Possum magic was one of my all time favourites! that and the magic faraway tree...hmmmmm so when Enid Blyton getting flashed with you...better yet how about Matthew Reilly!?!?!?!? :)

Welcome to the HBL Random Ramblings Blog


My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
What can I say, read my blog and work me out.