Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bernie networking at the State Library


kicking back at the end of a busy week Bernie and I headed to SLV for the launch of The Summer Read.

A lovely speech by the state librarian and a very touching piece about last years Summer Read sent from Rome by Kate Holden...in her letter she mentioned the memorable night in the park on a 40 degree night last summer. She noted that it was one of the warmest audiences she had ever had..at this stage Bernie elbowed me and I nearly started laughing.

...but wait the laughter was to be saved for the very humourous speech by Summer Read champion Spicks and Specks star Alan Brough....it appears he would like to be a librarian, this must have excited Bernie because she soon went on a promotions and networking frenzy....

First there was the chat with the official photographer about how we could get hold of the photos she took of us, then a chat with the Read More girls from Moreland...and then...wait for it the big moment...

She dragged Alan Brough over to get his photo taken with us and the Read More girls .................go Bernie, what next!!



















2 comments:

Waterbaby said...

omg I didn't know Alan was so tall. So is he going to try out some work experience.

yeah yeah I'm on to it said...

Shameless self promotion. Bernie deserves to be in the fish bowl of fame.

Welcome to the HBL Random Ramblings Blog


My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
What can I say, read my blog and work me out.