Thursday, November 13, 2008

Greek culture with Stelios and his mate!

wow what a lovely afternoon of relaxation and culture we had at Altona today..melodic Greek music that took me back to the days I spent on Naxos, the beautiful Greek Island! Suzanne requested Zorba and the musos obliged., bosoki and guitar in total unison.. a pity she didn't lead off on the dance!

....anyway enough of that..well done on an excellent job to Anne P for organising this engaging cultural event and going to great lengths to publicize it (I think she even snuk over to Greece)!

It was terrific having Soula there...because she used the power of language to make them fill in the evaluation form, join the library and even borrow some materials...wow!

Check out next weeks Leader and Mail newspapers for some professional type photos of the event, there should be at least one photo published, as they took at least 100 each!!!!

Bring it on...lets have music in the library every month!!

Here it is... live Greek music and 34 more photos on Leader website!

http://leader-news.whereilive.com.au/news/story/gia-sou-hello-to-greek-culture/






















2 comments:

Majiik said...

Sounds like they had a ball! Good stuff i would have started the zorba dance! :)

Waterbaby said...

Wosemary you ace culture wulture you are @ everything. Love it.

Welcome to the HBL Random Ramblings Blog


My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
What can I say, read my blog and work me out.