Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wikis Week Weven


Wikis have great potential to connect people with ideas and things in common!
I joined WikiNorthia to put my families history up there...never quite got the facts on but joining is the main thing!!!

An idea I have for wikis in the HBL context is to get school kids writing a story in common for book week. Jenelle had a great topic...'How the Internet stole the Book'..so we'll see what happens.

There is a library children's services wiki where our lovely librarian JCI is the moderator...check it out at http://kidstrategies.pbwiki.com/

A wiki I found when looking around this activity is
http://libsuccess.org/index.php?title=Main_Page . I think this one is a great resource, I am looking forward to using it!

And my last word on Wikis is that we should have a Hobsons Bay Libraries Wiki.



space

1 comment:

wosemarywebolutionary said...

i think these are all fantastic ideas..go wosemary!!!

Welcome to the HBL Random Ramblings Blog


My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
What can I say, read my blog and work me out.