Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wanzacs

though these biscuits have been around since WW1, Wanzac Biscuits Wosemary Style have to be tasted to be believed...

WANZAC BISCUITS
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup coconut
135g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1 tablespoon boiling water

Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut. Combine butter and golden syrup, stir over gentle heat until melted. Mix soda with boiling water, add to melted butter mixture, stir into dry ingredients.

Place tablespoons of mixture on lightly greased oven trays: allow room for spreading. Cook in slow oven 20 minutes. Flatten and loosen while warm, then cool on trays.
Makes about 35 librarian size biscuits

Welcome to the HBL Random Ramblings Blog


My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
What can I say, read my blog and work me out.